What we need
Grove Menzieshill Hockey Club, affiliated with Scottish Hockey, will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us through this website.
When you register as a member of Grove Menzieshill Hockey Club or renew your membership
(including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a child under the age of 18) we will ask you for the following personal information:
• name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, etc.;
• membership category – for example, player, parent, coach, team admin, supporter etc.;
• PVG membership, First Aid/other relevant qualifications
• relevant health/medical conditions
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your membership. We will use our members’ personal information to:
• provide you with core member services, including affiliation with Scottish Hockey, insurance, etc.;
• set up your online membership account with Pitchero;
• send you membership communications in relation to essential membership services, [including but not limited to, general meeting notices, membership renewals, membership fees’ information, etc.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
• promote and encourage participation in hockey by sending members communications and information for upcoming competitions and events.
Our competitions and events may be filmed or photographed and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we use for promotional, education and development purposes;
• invite our members as award winners or guests to our annual awards dinner, which may include
asking our members to nominate individuals for awards and shortlisting such individuals to select
the winners, who we will then contact by email;
• develop and maintain our members’ qualifications, including sending email communications to members to inform you of upcoming courses, renewal requirements and verify that you have completed any mandatory training and PVG / child protection requirements;
• monitor and develop participation by assessing members' engagement through Pitchero and inviting members to participate in surveys for research and development purposes.
• respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or
complaints, concerns or allegations in. We will use your personal information to investigate your complaint, to suspend membership, take disciplinary action, etc.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object
to any of the above processing, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members, for the purposes of complying with our obligations under:
• the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 to check that our coaches and volunteers are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults;
• our sportscotland and Scottish Hockey regulatory requirements;
• the Equality Act 2010, which requires us to process personal information to make reasonable
adjustments where necessary
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
If your personal information is included in any images or videos taken by us at our matches,
competitions and events, we may share this with Forthill Community Sports Hub, Midland Hockey Union, Scottish Hockey and other partners, including sponsors, for promotional and/or journalistic purposes.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations.
Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
Grove Menzieshill Hockey Club may at times employ third party suppliers to provide services to the club. These suppliers may process personal information on our behalf as “processors” and will be subject to written contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it.
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those
As an affiliated club of Scottish Hockey we are required to ensure that all of our members are also members of Scottish Hockey as a condition of our affiliation.
We will share members' name, date of birth, email address and membership category with Scottish Hockey who will become a controller of your personal information when they receive it. Scottish Hockey’s privacy notice explains how they use your personal information and can be accessed here https://www.scottish-hockey.org.uk/governance/privacy-policy/ .
We publish the results of our matches on our website, which may include members' names, ages etc.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing system (Pitchero) and is
accessed by our club officials for the purposes set out above.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for 3 years.
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at email@example.com or by logging on to your account at www.grovemenzieshill.com.
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
• you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
• if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
• you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific
• if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by Grove Menzieshill Hockey Club will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk